Building a Sustainable Local Business Community
Zandra Moore of Salescake said “it is great to do business with people in the same village, there are a large number of business people in Calverley so setting up a network to encourage more local business made sense”.
The Calverley Business Network, started in October 2009, is run voluntarily by the co- founders from RedVoice and Salescake. The network meets on the 1st Tuesday of every month at the New Inn on Carr Road in Calverley from 7.30pm onwards. With over 35 members it is a vibrant, informal business networking event, “It’s the only event I know where doing business is so enjoyable”, says founder Helen West from Redvoice.
There are lots of reasons why our members come along;
- Getting to know people in the local community
- Avoiding travel into the cities for networking
- Relaxed and social environment to do business
- A break from the isolation of working from home
- Meet like minded people, and share ideas
- Promote and launch a new businesses
- Supporting the local community and encouraging job creation
- Finding out about local business events
For the co-founders supporting the local economy and helping to build a sustainable community was a main driver. “If as businesses we can support each other to grown we will all benefit” said Zandra Moore.
The business network is open to any business professional self-employed or employed. To join us at the next event or if you have any questions please contact Zandra Moore on firstname.lastname@example.org the networking events are Free of charge.